Monday, July 29, 2013

Diary Of A Cheerleader: Buttons

Dear Diary

I just got back from cheer camp today and I feel exhausted. Maybe it was the fact that we worked practically nonstop through the course of 3 and a half days! I have to say the experience was a lot better than last years train wreck that was filled with drama, tension, and actually fights. :( This year I really enjoyed myself! I got to bond with new people who I didn't expect to become close with. I tried new things which included basing and even working on our lib (which we still haven't quite gotten, but we're still learning). One thing that I will say is at cheer camp no matter who you are, or where you got your buttons will be pushed. There's always gonna be that one girl who has to hit your limit but remember that it's your teammate and you have to learn to get along. That's what I did! It was super hard and frustrating at times but in the end I really grew to love her as a teammate!

Another thing is the material! It was all super great and well put together. We learned three dances and six cheers in all. We even performed at the end for parents and friends to have it scored by judges. Our awards were great but I was super excited to win 10th grade All Stars with ten or so other girls at the camp! It's my second year with the all stars program which is basically when you tryout with a dance, cheer, and jump and you're judged on it to see if you're an "all star."

Leaving cheer camp was bitter sweet. I was sad that I wouldn't get to experience this for another 365 days. I wouldn't be able to bond with my teammates on a level like this again, especially my senior cheer friends who I love so much. Then again, I was pretty happy to be going home because after all when you spend so much time with someone you tend to grow annoyed with them and that's usually when the claws come out, so I'm glad I got out of there alive! :)

Overall I really enjoyed cheer camp this year and all of the things that it through at me. No matter how many buttons were pushed I always ended up on the right floor.

Love,
A Cheerleader

2 comments:

  1. Your camp sounds really fun! I went to a UCA camp and it was really cool. There was this girl on my squad that was always trying to talk over me and out her imput into everything and im the captain so it was hard not to snap at her. its nice to know im not the only one with this issue. I really like the diary entries!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on all stars!!! I really like hearing about your real lfe. I know that sounds creepy but its more personal and it comes with advice

    ReplyDelete