Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Diary Of A Cheerleader: Pilot

Here's a plot of a possible new article series: Diary of A Cheerleader where I'll discuss my week every Tuesday! Let me know what you think in the comments to see if the series should continue.

Dear Diary,

I recently have been training to be a base. Myself being 5'7'' and a bit on the thinner side is usually called a twig. Aside from being a twig my height was also a problem so even though I was light enough and had enough body control I couldn't be a flyer and I was too tall to be a base that year. Last year was my first season of cheer so of course it was my first year stunting. I was assigned a back spot which I was for a full year. Back spotting was never my favorite position but I had to deal for the sake of the team. So this year I took it upon myself to try something new and break away from my expected back spot duties. It also helped that all the back spot positions were filled on Varsity! I told my coach I didn't care what my position was so our first day of stunting she put us in ideal stunt groups and just guided us through. Since there was a flyer already and a back spot I got to base for the first time. At first people made a few jokes and I laugh along with it because they said I was a stick and couldn't lift a finger if I had to. Not exactly those words but things like that. Overall, me being a base was sort of out of the question for them. But beside a few raised questions about me basing, myself and the other base really clicked and our stunt group was going pretty smooth for a stunt group made up of beginners. So it really goes to show that if you want to try something then you just have to try. You'll never know if you never try. It may be a stupid saying but hey, it's true. Well diary, I better go I'm about to go make some bows and I better get my hot glue gun ready for battle. :)

-A Cheerleader

Make sure to let me know what you think! If you enjoyed this pilot of a possible new series: Diary of A Cheerleader leave a comment and maybe you'll catch another one next Tuesday!
 
Love,
A Cheerleader

2 comments:

  1. This was definitely cute! I mean if cute is the word for it. I really liked it considering whoever this blog owner is they're really showing their personality thorugh the diary. please continue I love it. ps congrats on basing

    ReplyDelete