Tuesday, June 18, 2013

How to Memorize So Many Cheers

This is just a tip I do when I need to memorize cheers. Since all football cheers are learned over the summer they're kind of rushed and you're not given a lot of time to learn them. Especially when there's like 30-40 cheers to learn.

So basically what I do is when I learn a new cheer I put it to words so I don't forget the motion.
Example: If the motion is to roll your hands then hit a K twice, you say "circle K, circle K" See it's really simple and if you put a whole cheer to words then the motions will come quickly. Just make sure not to forget the actual words to the cheer.

It's really stupid but you'll be surprised how much it helps. Another tip is to learn with friends. When you go over all the cheers with your friends odds are that they picked up something you didn't or maybe you picked up something they didn't. You guys can feed off each other and go back to practice progressing instead of forgetful.

So those were two little quick tips to help remember cheers. Hope it helps in any way possible.

Love,
A Cheerleader

No comments:

Post a Comment